Man Dies After Possibly Being Gored By Bison At Antelope Island
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A man from Syracuse has died after he was injured in a possible bison attack while on a trail run at Antelope Island State Park.
State park officials said two women came across a lone trail runner who was calling out for help on the Antelope Island State Park Lakeside Trail Saturday.
The women then called 911.
State park personnel arrived and quickly administered first aid.
The injured man was later transported in a medical helicopter to the University of Utah hospital. He was reported to be in critical condition.
Officials said the man’s injuries were consistent with a possible bison encounter, but there were no known witnesses to confirm that.
The man, later identified as 55-year-old Larry M. Adams from Syracuse, died in the hospital.
An investigation is underway.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)