67 Alpine School District Students, Staff Test Positive For COVID-19; PG High Moves To Hybrid Schedule
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – The Alpine School District reported 41 students and 26 employees district-wide have tested positive for COVID-19 Monday, and Pleasant Grove was identified as a hot spot.
As a result, Pleasant Grove High School will close to students Tuesday and Wednesday so teachers can prepare for a modified schedule that begins Thursday.
The modified schedule means students whose last names start with the letters A-K will attend A-day classes on Thursday and B-day classes on Friday.
After Labor Day, L-Z students start A-day classes on Tuesday and B-day classes on Wednesday. Classes will be face-to-face.
The release said all Utah High School Activities Association events are still scheduled to take place.
Administrators will continue to enforce wearing face masks, social distancing and limit the number of spectators at all events.
The district said Pleasant Grove has been identified as an area of high impact for the virus but did not say how many cases are in the city.
Alpine School District spokesperson Kimberly Bird said district officials will not be identifying the exact number of cases at Pleasant Grove High.
“We are coordinating efforts between Pleasant Grove City, the Utah County Health Department and Pleasant Grove High School,” the release said. “Our united efforts are to help the Pleasant Grove area stop the transmission of COVID-19.”
Later this week, Pleasant Grove residents can get free COVID-19 testing at a mobile testing center at the Pleasant Grove City outdoor pool.
Testing hours are:
- Wednesday, Sept. 2, from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 3, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Officials with the Utah Department of Health asked community members to pre-register, but said it is not necessary.
Pre-registration will help with testing efficiency efforts. As a reminder, no children under 18 will get tested without a parent.
The Alpine School District is the largest in Utah serving 14 cities with 91 schools and more than 81,000 students.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)