One Dead After Boat Capsizes On Strawberry Reservoir
HEBER CITY, Utah – A 69-year-old man died after a boat capsized on Strawberry Reservoir, according to Sgt. Josh Probst with the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
Probst said dispatch received reports of five boaters in distress on Strawberry Reservoir around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
All five people were able to swim to shore, but Probst said the victim had difficulties breathing.
The man then stopped breathing and family members began lifesaving efforts, which were continued by first responders once they arrived at the scene.
However, they were unable to revive the man. The victim’s identity had not been released but Probst said the family had recently moved to Utah.
Probst added a storm that moved over the reservoir around the time of the incident might have been a contributing factor in the boat taking on water and capsizing.
“In that area, weather patterns can change rapidly,” he said.
At least some of the boaters were wearing lifejackets, but Probst was not sure if all five had jackets on at the time of the incident.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)