One Dead After Boat Capsizes On Strawberry Reservoir
HEBER CITY, Utah – A 69-year-old man died after a boat capsized on Strawberry Reservoir, according to Sgt. Josh Probst with the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
Probst said dispatch received reports of five boaters in distress on Strawberry Reservoir around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
All five people were able to swim to shore, but Probst said the victim had difficulties breathing.
The man then stopped breathing and family members began lifesaving efforts, which were continued by first responders once they arrived at the scene.
However, they were unable to revive the man. The victim’s identity had not been released but Probst said the family had recently moved to Utah.
Probst added a storm that moved over the reservoir around the time of the incident might have been a contributing factor in the boat taking on water and capsizing.
“In that area, weather patterns can change rapidly,” he said.
At least some of the boaters were wearing lifejackets, but Probst was not sure if all five had jackets on at the time of the incident.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)