Suspect In Custody After Deadly Stabbing In South Salt Lake
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – A man died Wednesday after police say he was stabbed by his friend inside a South Salt Lake apartment building.
The incident happened in the area of 2880 South and 200 East.
Officers were at the location Tuesday night on a mental health welfare check on a 70-year-old man. The man’s friend came to the location sometime during the night and was stabbed, authorities said. The victim died on scene.
Edward Kennedy, 69, was arrested and is now charged with murder and aggravated assault.
“We received a call from a bystander that was contacted that reported the suspect had reached out to them and said he had stabbed somebody inside his apartment,” said Danielle Croyle, public information officer for the South Salt Lake Police Department.
“They were acquaintances,” she said. “They were friends.”
Croyle said the victim came to support the suspect during the reported mental health crisis.
Police said there is no threat to the community. No charges have been filed yet, and no arrests have been made.
Morning after Police responded to a home in south salt lake for a mental health welfare check the resident stabs and kills the person who came to be his support for the night. 70 year old resident is in custody being questioned. Details on @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/qi1Rvos9Ps
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) September 2, 2020
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)