46 Cache County Jail Inmates Test Positive For COVID-19
LOGAN, Utah — A total of 46 inmates at the Cache County Jail have tested positive for COVID-19, authorities said.
An inmate at the jail began experiencing symptoms of the disease on Aug. 22, according to a Wednesday news release from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office. Two cell blocks at the jail that had contact with the inmate were immediately quarantined, and the inmate was tested, the release said.
The inmate’s test returned with a positive result, and on Aug. 31, all inmates from the two cell blocks were tested for the disease.
The sheriff’s office received all the test results Wednesday, which confirmed that 46 inmates tested positive, according to the release. Of those, 45 were asymptomatic and one had mild symptoms.
The inmates who tested positive will remain quarantined until they have been cleared of the virus, the sheriff’s office said.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)