Cedar City Police Looking For Man After Human Remains Found In Yard
CEDAR CITY, Utah – Officers with the Cedar City Police Department are searching for a man they say is armed and dangerous after they found human remains buried in the yard of his elderly mother, who has not been seen since earlier this year.
He was described by police as a 5-foot-10 white male with brown hair and green eyes.
Glover has outstanding warrants for multiple charges, including possession of a firearm by a restricted person and possession of controlled substances.
A news release said officers did a welfare check on 73-year old Kay Gosewhisch on July 31, but police did not see anything suspicious.
Officials said police received a second call regarding Gosewisch on August 18 to report suspicious activity with her bank account. The caller told police Glover had been trying to withdraw several thousand dollars from her account.
“Officers went back to the home and observed Mrs. Gosewisch’s vehicle in the driveway, but no one would answer the door,” police said. “Contact was made with neighbors and they were told that Mrs. Gosewisch was possibly in Washington state or Nevada tending to a family member.”
Police said an investigation revealed Glover had used Gosewisch’s bank account several times, going as far back as April.
Police returned to Gosewisch’s home at the 500 South block of Cedarwood Terrace for a third visit, but they were not able to contact Gosewisch.
“Due to the suspicious circumstances, they entered the home searching for Mrs. Gosewisch and officers observed items that appeared to be suspicious,” police said.
Police then obtained a search warrant and found buried human remains on the property.
The remains will be sent to the state medical examiner’s office for identification and cause of death.
“This is an active and ongoing investigation, and we will release more information as it becomes available,” Cedar City police said.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)