Officials: Suspected Arson On Manti-La Sal National Forest
PRICE, Utah — Authorities are looking for information regarding a string of suspicious fires that occurred in Sanpete County, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Eleven fires were started Sunday morning — between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. — along Skyline Drive, between South Tent Mountain and Potter’s Canyon.
Luckily, firefighters were able to contain all of them before the predicted red flag weather arrived in the area.
They said four of the fires had minimal potential, five had slightly more potential, and two had moderate potential due to spotting and rollout.
Officials have asked the public to avoid the area for safety reasons while crews continue working on the fires.
The cause of the fires was under investigation.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact the U.S. Forest Service.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)