Over 200 Homes Evacuated Due To Ether Hollow Fire
MAPLETON, Utah – Fire crews responded to the Ether Hollow Fire, which is burning between Springville and Mapleton.
Officials reported the new Utah County fire Monday evening and said it quickly grew to an estimated 1,000 acres. Evacuations are underway in Mapleton and Springville; all of Hobble Creek Canyon has been evacuated, including 135 homes in the Grindstone community.
Mapleton police said Quiet Meadow Lane, Whiting Campground and homes at 400 North and 1600 East, along with everything northeast of this address, are being evacuated.
In total, 211 homes have been evacuated between the two cities. Officials said 500 homes were threatened by the fire and FEMA officials authorized the use of federal funds to help with firefighting costs.
State fire officials believe the blaze was started by target shooting.
All of Hobble Creek Canyon, and parts of Springville and Mapleton bear the base of the mountain are being evacuated. @UCSO @UtahCountyFD @UtahWildfire @SpringvilleDPS @UWCNF #EtherHollowFire pic.twitter.com/U2EufqGqjC
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) September 8, 2020
Crews from multiple fire departments responded to the area, and Bartholomew Peak was closed by Springville police. Aerial resources couldn’t fly due to high winds earlier Monday, according to state fire officials.
An evacuation center has been set up at 495 South Canyon Road in Springville.
- 1700 East between 1200-1600 North
- Closed at 1600 North 1700 East for eastbound traffic
- Roadway from Bartholomew Park (Springville) to 1600 North (Mapleton)
— Andrew Adams (@AndrewAdamsKSL) September 8, 2020
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)