Fourplex Apartment ‘Gutted’ By Fire In Provo
Sep 12, 2020, 1:59 PM
(Provo Fire Department)
PROVO, Utah – An apartment south of Brigham Young University was destroyed and another heavily damaged by smoke after a fire broke out in a downstairs unit.
Captain Sam Armstrong with the Provo Fire Department said crews responded to a fourplex at 655 East 600 South Saturday morning.
When they arrived, fire was coming out the front door and window.
Officials said the fire began in a downstairs apartment and spread. The apartment above had heavy smoke damage.
The downstairs unit was a total loss.
Armstrong said the other two apartments were not affected.
No injuries were reported among residents or firefighters. The American Red Cross was helping those impacted with immediate needs.
Details about the exact cause of the fire were not available.