Some Homes, Battle Creek Canyon Evacuated Due To Pleasant Grove Wildfire
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — Several crews are responding to a new wildfire near the foothills of Pleasant Grove.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the blaze broke out near the foothills of 200 South Street just after 8 p.m. Saturday.
The Battle Creek 2 Fire was estimated at 50 acres as of 10:20 p.m.
BREAKING: Sgt. Spencer Cannon said a fire has broken out near the foothills of 200 South Street in Pleasant Grove. Witnesses say flames could be seen from the valley. We are working to gather details.
📸: Katie Rees pic.twitter.com/Yg24j1LMHp
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) September 13, 2020
Battle Creek Canyon was ordered to evacuate.
Officials also ordered the evacuations of some homes between 200 South and Grove Creek Drive and East of 1350 East.
City officials said evacuees who need a place to stay could go to the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center located at 547 S. Locust Avenue.
LIVE: A new fire has broken out near the foothills of 200 South Street in Pleasant Grove. Battle Creek Canyon has been ordered to evacuate. The cause is under investigation.
Officials have asked the public to avoid the area while crews work to put out the blaze.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Resources are suppressing the #BattleCreek2Fire located in Utah County at the mouth of Pleasant Grove Canyon. Estimated at 7 acres. No structures threatened. Battle Creek Canyon is being evacuated. Cause under investigation. #ffslkw pic.twitter.com/mNfzUEeGB3
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 13, 2020
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9472)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 5256)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 4266)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 4235)
- New COVID-19 Record With 1,411 New Cases; 4 New Deaths, 184 Hospitalizations (pageviews: 3915)
- Palacios Carbajal Family Files Lawsuit Against SLCPD In Fatal Shooting (pageviews: 1037)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 985)
- Missing West Valley City Boy Found Safe (pageviews: 879)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 697)