New Salt Lake International Airport Open For Business
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – After nearly five years of planning and construction, the first section of the new Salt Lake City International Airport is open to passengers.
Delta Flight 2020 left Tuesday morning bound for Atlanta, complete with the traditional water salute provided by fire trucks.
Eric Phillips, Delta senior vice president of airport customer service, said it’s something he and the company have been looking forward to for a while.
“For all of us at Delta, it’s an exciting day,” he said. “It’s an exciting day for Salt Lake City and our employees.”
The interior features art installments from local artists, and it’s markedly bigger than the terminals at the previous airport. The TSA checkpoint is also streamlined and “really slick,” Phillips said.
“It’s very modern, the ceilings are so high, there’s tons of light,” he said. “For me, I think it’s just incredible – the windows and the ability to show the expanse of the mountains around Salt Lake City. It just fits this city so well.”
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) September 15, 2020
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9472)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 5256)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 4266)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 4235)
- New COVID-19 Record With 1,411 New Cases; 4 New Deaths, 184 Hospitalizations (pageviews: 3915)
- Palacios Carbajal Family Files Lawsuit Against SLCPD In Fatal Shooting (pageviews: 1037)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 985)
- Missing West Valley City Boy Found Safe (pageviews: 879)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 697)