Utah Reports 562 New COVID-19 Cases, 128 Current Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Tuesday reported 562 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths.
It marks the fifth day in a row that the state has reported cases above 500.
The rolling seven day average for positive tests is now up to 522 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests has risen to 10.6%. The state has tested 725,612 people so far, and 59,000 of those tests returned positive.
There are currently 128 patients hospitalized with the virus, 50 of which are in intensive care units. Another 50 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation. UDOH reports 47.7% of all non-ICU beds and 65.8% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 436 Utahns have died from the virus.
The state is considering 49,327 cases as recovered, meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9472)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 5256)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 4266)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 4235)
- New COVID-19 Record With 1,411 New Cases; 4 New Deaths, 184 Hospitalizations (pageviews: 3915)
- Palacios Carbajal Family Files Lawsuit Against SLCPD In Fatal Shooting (pageviews: 1037)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 985)
- Missing West Valley City Boy Found Safe (pageviews: 879)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 697)