Nine Hospitalized After Head-On Crash Near Saltair
TOOELE, Utah – Nine people were taken to area hospitals after a head-on crash on a frontage road near the Great Saltair, according to officials with the Unified Fire Authority.
The crash happened around 4:20 p.m. Tuesday. Firefighters said the crash ignited a small grass fire that burned 1/8 of an acre.
Sgt. Melody Cutler with the Unified Police Department said a pickup truck that was pulling a trailer collided with a Ford Expedition.
BREAKING: Nine people have been hospitalized after a head-on crash on a frontage road between the Great Saltair and…
Seven people were in the Ford while two were in the truck when the crash occurred, and both vehicles were engulfed in flames.
“All nine people have been transported to the hospital, ranging in injuries from extremely critical to serious — bumps bruises, broken bones, those kinds of things,” Culter said.
Officials said one patient was in extremely critical condition and a couple were in critical condition as of Tuesday night.
Cutler said things could have been worse because the truck was also carrying propane tanks.
“The pickup truck had propane tanks in the back of it, so we’re very fortunate that, given there was a fire, that there weren’t explosions on top of that,” she said.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)