Layton Police Investigating After Body Of Woman Found In Creek
LAYTON, Utah – Officials with the Layton Police Department said the body of a woman was found in Kay’s Creek, south of Gentile Street.
Police said they received a call from a man around 5 p.m. Tuesday from a man who said he thought he could see the body of a woman in the water.
On Wednesday, officials identified the woman as 46-year-old Kristen Culhane, of Layton. Police said a friend reported Culhane was missing on Saturday.
“At this point, we are trying to … find out how she ended up there and what happened,” said Lt. Travis Lyman with the Layton Police Department. “We are treating it as suspicious — there is no really obvious reason or explanation why she would end up where she is.”
Lyman said the creek runs behind some homes and near a walking trail in the area, and anyone who was in the area or may know something about the case should contact police at 801-497-8300.
- Cataract Canyon Without Lake Powell: A Monumental Legacy Of Dried Mud (pageviews: 7059)
- Man Beaten, Killed By Multiple People In Magna (pageviews: 5468)
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 2758)
- Two Men Injured In Jet Ski Collision At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2553)
- Man Killed In Overnight SLC Shooting (pageviews: 2501)
- Police Searching For West Jordan Road Rage Participant (pageviews: 1783)
- Sisters Run Lemonade Stand In West Jordan In Honor Of Their Older Sister (pageviews: 1624)
- Committee Votes In Favor Of New Name For Dixie State University (pageviews: 1521)
- One Dead After Car Vs. Dump Truck Crash In Logan (pageviews: 1359)