Layton Police Investigating After Body Of Woman Found In Creek
LAYTON, Utah – Officials with the Layton Police Department said the body of a woman was found in Kay’s Creek, south of Gentile Street.
Police said they received a call from a man around 5 p.m. Tuesday from a man who said he thought he could see the body of a woman in the water.
On Wednesday, officials identified the woman as 46-year-old Kristen Culhane, of Layton. Police said a friend reported Culhane was missing on Saturday.
“At this point, we are trying to … find out how she ended up there and what happened,” said Lt. Travis Lyman with the Layton Police Department. “We are treating it as suspicious — there is no really obvious reason or explanation why she would end up where she is.”
Lyman said the creek runs behind some homes and near a walking trail in the area, and anyone who was in the area or may know something about the case should contact police at 801-497-8300.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)