3 Teenagers Charged in Connection with Turkey Farm Road Fire
St. GEORGE, Utah – Three teenagers and a parent of one of the teens face charges related to the Turkey Farm Road Fire which burned nearly 12,000 acres last July north of St. George.
A news release from the Color Country Interagency Fire Management said public tips led investigators to the teens. They have been referred to the Washington County Juvenile Court for their involvement in the fire which started July 13.
The teens were not identified.
Filed charges include obstruction of justice in a criminal investigation, providing false or misleading information, use of fireworks in violation of a fire restriction order and reckless burning.
The parent was charged for a violation of obstruction of justice.
The release said the fire was caused by fireworks and it cost more than $2.5 million to fight the fire and rehabilitate the scorched land.
“Land management agencies will pursue cost recovery for the fire suppression and rehabilitation costs incurred by the American taxpayers,” the release said.
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 18544)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 16064)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 10086)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 7414)
- Surveillance Photos Show Missing Teen With Man, Woman (pageviews: 5761)
- 'He Was So Caring': Family Remembers Teen Killed In Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 5220)
- Several Park Goers Concerned About Capacity At Lagoon (pageviews: 3486)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2564)
- Stolen Trailer Carrying Body To Burial Site Recovered (pageviews: 2384)