Air Tanker Pilot Dies In Crash While Fighting Fire In Idaho
EMMETT, Idaho – A pilot fighting a wildfire in Idaho died in a crash Tuesday, according to authorities.
The pilot was helping to battle the 25-acre Schill Fire near Emmett, which is northeast of Boise.
The pilot crashed while flying a single engine air tanker. The victim’s identity has not yet been released.
No further information was immediately available.
- Utah Family Rocked By COVID-19 Says They Can't Imagine Rationing Care (pageviews: 6289)
- Mystery Of Utah's Skinwalker Ranch Very Much Alive (pageviews: 6000)
- Police Investigating Domestic Violence Homicide In Midvale (pageviews: 4873)
- Hurricane Man Arrested After Allegedly Burning Toddlers With Hot Water (pageviews: 4042)
- Protesters Target State Epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn's Home (pageviews: 4006)
- 10 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19, Health Officials Report (pageviews: 3996)
- Close-Knit Polynesian Community Mourns Loss Of Another Member To COVID-19 (pageviews: 3972)
- Interactive Map Shows Risk Of Contracting COVID-19 At Events Based On Crowd Size (pageviews: 3808)
- Former West High School Principal To Defend Education License In Hearing (pageviews: 2496)