Prison On 24-Hour Lockdown After Possible Coronavirus Transmission
DRAPER, Utah – The Utah State Prison has been placed on lockdown after a possible transmission of coronavirus among the general population.
The 24-hour lockdown, beginning at 3 p.m. Wednesday, included the Central Utah Correctional Facility.
Officials said the Utah Department of Corrections initiated the lockdown on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases was not released.
Quarantine and isolation procedures were put in place for those who tested positive, and who may have had contact with them.
Contact tracing and facility cleaning was underway.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)