Davis School District Moves To Four Day In-Person School Schedule
FARMINGTON, Utah – The Davis School District voted Wednesday night to make another change to the schedule, moving students back into the classroom for a four-day schedule.
The vote gets rid of the hybrid schedule they were operating under for the beginning of the school year.
Elementary students will begin the new schedule September 28 and high schools will begin November 2.
Quite the turnout outside of the @DavisSchools emergency board meeting. Parents and teachers rallying to keep it at a hybrid schedule. Others supporting a return to the classroom full time. @KSL5TV #school pic.twitter.com/aNgF6KyP0H
— Matt Rascon (@MattRasconNews) September 24, 2020
Dozens of parents, teachers and students showed up inside and outside the school board meeting Wednesday night showing support for their preferred schedule.
In the end, the board approved a plan for students to attend in-person classes Monday through Thursday.
For Tobin Hagen, the two day hybrid schedule for his high school kids was not easy. “It’s challenging. It’s a difficult thing but it’s kept our kids safe.”
Still, Hagen saw the schedule as a success.
Further down the sidewalk parents like Melinda Parkin made it clear they had enough of the interruption to their student’s class schedule.
“They have yet to be able to even get back to a regular rhythm of schooling,” Parkin said. “At least my first grader. He’s mainly spending most of his time learning how to use the computer.”
Parkin added, “You know I am not too concerned about COVID just because I feel like in Davis County the numbers are not that high.”
In the end, Parkin got we she wanted for her elementary kids – a four-day classroom schedule.
The school district is now planning to provide plexiglass barriers for teachers who are at higher risk for the virus.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)