Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified
ROY, Utah – A deadly officer-involved shooting in Roy has been ruled justified.
Newly-released body and dash cam video from the Aug. 8 incident has been released. The footage shows suspect Aaron Griffen, 21, of Plain City, and his passenger as they were pulled over.
During the traffic stop, Griffen took off in his vehicle. Officers later found the car in a field, and the suspect then fled on foot.
The video shows Griffen firing a gun and hitting a police dog. He then fired several more rounds at two other officers who were responding to the scene.
One officer attempted to stop him by hitting his with his patrol car.
That didn’t stop Griffen, though, and he pointed the gun at offices again. That’s when officers shot and killed him.
The injured K-9 survived.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)