Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified
ROY, Utah – A deadly officer-involved shooting in Roy has been ruled justified.
Newly-released body and dash cam video from the Aug. 8 incident has been released. The footage shows suspect Aaron Griffen, 21, of Plain City, and his passenger as they were pulled over.
During the traffic stop, Griffen took off in his vehicle. Officers later found the car in a field, and the suspect then fled on foot.
The video shows Griffen firing a gun and hitting a police dog. He then fired several more rounds at two other officers who were responding to the scene.
One officer attempted to stop him by hitting his with his patrol car.
That didn’t stop Griffen, though, and he pointed the gun at offices again. That’s when officers shot and killed him.
The injured K-9 survived.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)