California Homicide Suspect Caught In Davis County
CENTERVILLE, Utah – The suspect in the homicide of a teen in a California high school parking lot has been taken into custody by police in Davis County.
Centerville Police Department Chief Paul Child said they were given information Friday that 20-year-old Joshua Rodriguez was hiding in a camping trailer behind a home in the city.
An unidentified woman was with the suspect.
Rodriguez was wanted in connection to the death of 17-year-old Eric Aguiar.
Officials said Aguiar was shot and killed in the parking lot of Sonora High School September 16.
Details about what investigators believe led to the shooting were not available.
The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office was searching for Rodriguez, and provided Centerville police with information that led to his arrest, said Chief Child.
A California State Warrant of Arrest was issued for Rodriguez. Utah officials obtained a local warrant for the capture of the suspect.
Chief Child said they requested assistance from the Bountiful Metropolitan SWAT team to execute the arrest warrants. The team was comprised of officers from the Bountiful, Kaysville, Centerville, West Bountiful, Woods Cross and Farmington Police Departments.
Shortly after midnight on Saturday, the SWAT team took Rodriguez into custody without incident. He was booked into the Davis County Jail to await extradition to California.
The woman was detained for questioning, and later released with no charges.
Officials said no one was injured during the arrest, and no property was damaged.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)