Police Seek Public’s Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah – The Unified Police Department is asking for the public’s help locating a juvenile considered missing endangered.
According to a statement from UPD, 6-year-old Terran Butler was taken from a residence Saturday without permission.
Butler’s father had dropped him off in the Millcreek area to visit his mom, Emily Jolley. Later that day, police said he went to pick up Terran at Jolley’s mother’s house, but he wasn’t there.
The dad called police and officers showed up at the grandma’s house, but she said she wouldn’t cooperate with them.
Police eventually served a search warrant, but the boy was not in the home.
The grandma was booked into jail Saturday night for impeding a criminal investigation.
A lot of people have asked why police didn’t issue an amber alert at that point.
Police on Monday morning issued an official Amber Alert.
Terran’s described as a caucasian boy with blond hair. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt, gym shorts, and black and blue hiking boots.
Jolley, 43, is described as caucasian, 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 140 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She drives a blue 2008 Toyota Prius with Utah license plate number E847GT.
Police believe she may be trying to go to Washington State because she has family there.
Terran’s father, Timothy Butler, said he believes the kidnapping has been planned for a long time and thinks his son could be in danger.
“This is somebody who’s highly unstable, and we don’t know what could happen,” Timothy Butler said about Jolley. “I’ve been the custodial parent and just been responsible for keeping him safe and creating a stable environment for him.”
Anyone with information has been asked to contact UPD at 801-743-7000.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)