Herriman Charter School Temporarily Evacuated After Possible Natural Gas Leak
HERRIMAN, Utah – A charter school in Herriman was temporarily evacuated after a possible natural gas leak, authorities said.
According to Unified Fire Authority, someone called 911 Monday morning to report a smell of gas at Athlos Academy.
Officials advised the school evacuate.
Officials said they found a faulty rooftop heating unit that was the cause.
UFA as well as Dominion Energy assessed the scene and later cleared it for students and faculty to re-enter.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)