Herriman Charter School Temporarily Evacuated After Possible Natural Gas Leak
HERRIMAN, Utah – A charter school in Herriman was temporarily evacuated after a possible natural gas leak, authorities said.
According to Unified Fire Authority, someone called 911 Monday morning to report a smell of gas at Athlos Academy.
Officials advised the school evacuate.
Officials said they found a faulty rooftop heating unit that was the cause.
UFA as well as Dominion Energy assessed the scene and later cleared it for students and faculty to re-enter.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)