Body Of Partially-Clothed Woman Discovered In South Salt Lake
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – The body of a partially-clothed woman was discovered in South Salt Lake on Monday, according to police.
The discovery happened at approximately 7:30 a.m. in the area of 300 West and Lawndale Drive.
Investigators are now trying to figure out how that woman was killed and who’s at fault.
— Dan Rascon (@TVDanRascon) September 28, 2020
“We have limited information at this point,” said Danielle Croyle, spokesperson for the South Salt Lake Police Department. “We don’t have an identity, we don’t have an age … it’s traumatic, it’s unfortunate and we want to make sure we hold someone accountable.”
The only description so far is that she’s possibly white. Her age, the extent of her injuries and the cause of death were not known.
KSL spoke to two coworkers of the trucker who found the body. The trucker told them that it was clear that the woman was dead.
“It breaks my heart, nobody deserves this,” said one of the truckers who spoke to KSL and didn’t want to be identified. “Crime is nothing new to this area so it wasn’t shocking in that aspect but it’s just heartbreaking that someone died out here.”
“It’s just hard to see something like this go on in the neighborhood because we work down here and we are down here every week,” said Ken, a trucker who only wanted to give his first name. “It’s really hard because you don’t know what happened. There has been crime in this area for a while.”
Crime scene investigators are on-site, and they are treating it as a homicide.
Investigators say they don’t know how the murder happened and whether the woman was killed on scene.
“We are asking the public, if they had seen something, to please call in,” said Croyle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 801-412-3600.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)