Officials Investigating Inmate Death After Altercation At State Prison
DRAPER, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Corrections are investigating after an inmate died at the Oquirrh Facility in the Utah State Prison.
Corrections officials said the inmate was involved in an altercation with another inmate in the facility Monday evening.
The family of the dead inmate has been notified but officials said the inmate’s name would not be released because the Utah State Bureau of Investigation is looking into the incident.
Officials said the inmate’s death was not suspected to be COVID-19-related.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)