Drive-thru Flu Shot Clinic in Weber and Ogden Schools This Week
OGDEN, Utah – The Weber-Morgan Health Department is preparing for flu season by opening a drive-thru shot clinic.
The clinic will take place in the Weber-Morgan Health Department parking lot at 477 23rd Street in downtown Ogden on Thursday, October 1. The clinic begins at 10 a.m. and runs until 2 p.m.
Dates and time for other clinics are on the health department’s website.
“The public is invited to any of our clinics. We will be adhering to COVID-19 guidelines so please wear a mask and stay 6-feet apart from those outside your immediate household,” said public health nurse Cheryl Andreasen.
“It’s really important to get that protection early, especially this year due to COVID-19,” Anderson added. “We want to avoid complications that could come from becoming infected with both viruses, and to keep our hospitalizations down as we are facing a novel, highly contagious virus that causes COVID-19.”
Vaccines will also be offered for whooping cough, pneumonia and other diseases.
Most insurance will cover flu shots so it’s important to bring insurance and Medicare/Medicaid cards.
Vaccines not covered by insurance will cost $30, flu mist $35 and the high-dose quadrivalent vaccine recommended for those over 65 is $60.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)