A Total Of 4,458 Utahns Filed New Unemployment Claims Last Week
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Workforce Services reported that a total of 4,458 Utahns filed new unemployment claims for the week ending Sept. 26.
There were 44,306 continued claims filed during the same period.
The overall numbers are down slightly from the week before, when 4,458 Utah workers filed new claims and 47,839 workers filed continued claims.
LIVE: The Utah Department of Workforce Services holding press conference after report of 4,458 new jobless claims
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Thursday, October 1, 2020
“We continue to see economic recovery as evidenced by the now twenty-one consecutive weeks of reduced ongoing claims for unemployment benefits in the state of Utah,” said Kevin Burt, Unemployment Insurance Division director for the Utah Department of Workforce Services. “It is clear this pandemic continues to be disruptive, but Utah’s diverse economy does offer employment opportunities to those actively looking for them.”
Nationally, 870,000 Americans filed new jobless claims last week, and 11.8 million received continued benefits.
If an individual’s employment has been impacted by COVID-19, they should visit jobs.utah.gov/covid19 for updated information including help for employees and employers returning to work.
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 21432)
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 11908)
- Missing Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Family Says (pageviews: 5581)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 4994)
- Tanner Park Shooting Victim Dies Of Injuries; Teen Taken Into Custody (pageviews: 3046)
- Police Looking For Suspect Who Shot Three People Near Tanner Park (pageviews: 2433)
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Opens Surge ICU Unit (pageviews: 2030)
- 7.5 Magnitude Quake Off Alaska Prompts Tsunami Warning (pageviews: 1970)
- Human-Caused Range Fire Originated From Orem Police Gun Range, Officials Say (pageviews: 1820)