Two Cats Shot, Injured By Blow Darts In Provo
PROVO, Utah – Officials with the Provo Police Department said two cats have been shot and injured by blow darts near Utah Lake State Park.
Animal control officer Michelle Proctor said the first cat was found around 9 a.m. on September 22 with a dart in its head. The second was discovered Wednesday with a dart in the left side of its body.
The first cat, a 5-month-old female, was treated by Dr. Isaac Bott at Mountain West Animal Hospital. Bott said the cat’s left eye had to be removed.
That cat is recovering with a foster family.
WARNING: Some viewers may find these photos to be graphic.
The second cat, another female about 5 months old, was found by a woman on Tuesday. Animal control officers were able to trap the cat and take it to a veterinarian.
“The cat was treated at the vet where they amputated her front left leg,” Proctor said. “After receiving care, she was taken to the shelter and she is still at the shelter recuperating.”
Bott added the dart punctured the second cat’s lung as well.
Proctor said neither cat will be put up for adoption until they fully recover, which could take around three weeks.
She added they are investigating and charges will be filed if the suspect is located.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 23950)
- Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash (pageviews: 14502)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 5175)
- University Of Utah Doctors, Nurses Plead For Help As ICU Hits 99% Capacity (pageviews: 4175)
- Amazon Driver Accused Of Throwing, Damaging Layton Man's Flags (pageviews: 4055)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect At Large (pageviews: 3448)
- Leaders Plead With Utahns To Do Their Part As State Reports 1,543 New COVID Cases (pageviews: 3333)
- Man Set Woman On Fire In Murray, Police Say; Suspect Arrested (pageviews: 2432)
- 'On The Brink': Utah Breaks New COVID-19 Record With 1,960 New Cases (pageviews: 2356)