West Jordan Middle School Student Uses Heimlich Maneuver To Save Friend
WEST JORDAN, Utah – A student at West Jordan Middle School saved another student’s life – thanks to something he learned in health class.
Hunter Olsen saved his friend, Jackson, who was choking on a chicken sandwich. Jackson signaled that he was choking, and Hunter jumped in and performed the Heimlich maneuver.
“It was very nerve-racking,” said Hunter, who saved his friend from choking. “My body was kind of shaking. My adrenaline was pumping so hard. It was just crazy.”
He said he’s not a hero – he was just in the right place at the right time.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)