West Jordan Middle School Student Uses Heimlich Maneuver To Save Friend
WEST JORDAN, Utah – A student at West Jordan Middle School saved another student’s life – thanks to something he learned in health class.
Hunter Olsen saved his friend, Jackson, who was choking on a chicken sandwich. Jackson signaled that he was choking, and Hunter jumped in and performed the Heimlich maneuver.
“It was very nerve-racking,” said Hunter, who saved his friend from choking. “My body was kind of shaking. My adrenaline was pumping so hard. It was just crazy.”
He said he’s not a hero – he was just in the right place at the right time.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)