Grieving Family Finds Dead Brother’s Storage Unit
PROVO, Utah – Members of a heartbroken family who were searching for their dead brother’s storage unit have found his belongings.
Preston Davis died by suicide on September 20.
After the family’s story aired on KSL-TV earlier this week, they received a call from the storage area owner who said he could help them.
The family expressed their gratitude to the owner for contacting them.
Preston’s sister, Donalee Walker, said they know the belongings will not bring him back, but they hope his story can help save someone’s life.
“If you have thought about or considered suicide please choose to stay. The people in your life need you to choose to stay,” Walker said.
Suicide Prevention Resources
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or exhibiting warning signs, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Additional Crisis Hotlines
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-226-4433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Crisis Text Line: Text “HOME” to 741-741
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- University Of Utah Crisis Interventional Crisis Line: 801-587-300
- NAMI Utah
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Safe UT Crisis Text and Tip Line
In an emergency
- Call the police
- Go to the emergency room