Magnitude 4.4 Quake Strikes Piute County
CIRCLEVILLE, Utah – A magnitude 4.4 earthquake rattled Piute County Saturday morning.
The quake registered less than 10 miles away from Circleville at 5:47 a.m., according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It originally registered as a 4.3 but was later upgraded.
The event could be felt as far away as Cedar City, which is 45 miles from the epicenter, according to the University of Utah Seismograph Stations.
“Today’s earthquake was followed by two aftershocks of magnitude 2.0 or larger within the first half an hour, the first and largest of which was a magnitude 2.5 event at 05:52 a.m.,” according to the U of U statement.
Utah Lt. Gov. Cox was in Kanab when in the incident happened, and he tweeted that it was “a good ride” and hoped everyone impacted was staying safe.
— Spencer Cox (@SpencerJCox) October 3, 2020
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)