Former NJ Gov. Chris Christie Hospitalized With Coronavirus Symptoms
(AP) — Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has tweeted that he’s checked himself into a hospital, hours after confirming he had tested positive for the coronavirus.
Christie says that after consulting with his doctors Saturday, he went to Morristown Medical Center on Saturday afternoon.
Christie says he is experiencing mild symptoms but because of his history of asthma, “we decided this is an important precautionary measure.”
Christie is the latest in a string of virus cases connected to President Donald Trump’s inner circle.
President Trump’s former 2016 rival told The Associated Press on Friday that the last time he was with the president was Tuesday during preparations for his debate with former Vice President Joe Biden in Cleveland.
Christie said he had tested negative earlier that day.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)