Driver Extricated, Airlifted After Tow Truck Rolled In North Salt Lake
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A tow truck driver had to be extricated and airlifted in critical condition after his vehicle rolled while approaching a turn in the road.
Sgt. Terry Fritz with the North Salt Lake Police Department said they were notified just before 6 p.m. Saturday that a tow truck was going too fast and could not make a turn, causing the vehicle to roll.
The truck, which had an unoccupied vehicle on its flatbed, flipped one and a half times near Eagleridge Drive and Valley View Drive in North Salt Lake.
Fritz said the driver had to be extricated and was later transported by helicopter in critical condition, while a passenger was taken by ambulance in critical, but stable condition.
Part of Eagleridge Drive, east of Orchard and Parkview, has been closed for a few hours for investigation
Fritz said the crash caused damage to a guardrail.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 10055)
- Elon Musk's child tells court she no longer wants 'to be related' to her dad (pageviews: 5999)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5257)
- Utah family searching for a kidney donor (pageviews: 3218)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3195)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 3119)