Driver Extricated, Airlifted After Tow Truck Rolled In North Salt Lake
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A tow truck driver had to be extricated and airlifted in critical condition after his vehicle rolled while approaching a turn in the road.
Sgt. Terry Fritz with the North Salt Lake Police Department said they were notified just before 6 p.m. Saturday that a tow truck was going too fast and could not make a turn, causing the vehicle to roll.
The truck, which had an unoccupied vehicle on its flatbed, flipped one and a half times near Eagleridge Drive and Valley View Drive in North Salt Lake.
Fritz said the driver had to be extricated and was later transported by helicopter in critical condition, while a passenger was taken by ambulance in critical, but stable condition.
Part of Eagleridge Drive, east of Orchard and Parkview, has been closed for a few hours for investigation
Fritz said the crash caused damage to a guardrail.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)