Driver Extricated, Airlifted After Tow Truck Rolled In North Salt Lake
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A tow truck driver had to be extricated and airlifted in critical condition after his vehicle rolled while approaching a turn in the road.
Sgt. Terry Fritz with the North Salt Lake Police Department said they were notified just before 6 p.m. Saturday that a tow truck was going too fast and could not make a turn, causing the vehicle to roll.
The truck, which had an unoccupied vehicle on its flatbed, flipped one and a half times near Eagleridge Drive and Valley View Drive in North Salt Lake.
Fritz said the driver had to be extricated and was later transported by helicopter in critical condition, while a passenger was taken by ambulance in critical, but stable condition.
Part of Eagleridge Drive, east of Orchard and Parkview, has been closed for a few hours for investigation
Fritz said the crash caused damage to a guardrail.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)