Spanish Fork Man Killed In Trench Collapse
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A 36-year-old man from Spanish Fork was killed after the trench he was working in collapsed.
Officials with the Spanish Fork Police Department said they were called to the scene at 1000 S High Ridge Road around 4 p.m. Saturday.
Sgt. Phil Neilson said the man was excavating the trench for a construction company. Coworkers on the scene were able to partially dig him out before emergency medical crews arrived.
The man was conscious and talking. Neilson said his condition quickly deteriorated.
He was transported by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, where he later died from his injuries.
OSHA investigators were called, and planned to work with police to determine if safety protocols were followed.
The man’s identity was not released.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)