Two Men Sustain Several Injuries In Little Mountain Crash
LITTLE MOUNTAIN, Utah — Two teenage males were transported to the hospital with several injuries after their vehicle crashed into a drainage ditch and then vaulted end over end in Box Elder County.
Deputies with the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of 7100 West and 6800 North, east of Little Mountain around 2 p.m. Saturday.
When officers arrived, they found a male passenger trapped underneath a pickup truck. Emergency Medical was called in to extricate him.
The 19-year-old passenger was then transported to Bear River Valley Hospital with “numerous serious injuries.” After he was stabilized, he was flown to McKay Dee Hospital for surgery.
Officials said, as of late Saturday, the teen was out of surgery, sedated, and in stable condition.
The 18-year-old male driver also received treatment at Bear River Valley Hospital after sustaining several injuries.
Investigators discovered the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel and exited the roadway while traveling home from a day of duck hunting near Little Mountain.
The vehicle entered a drainage ditch and contacted a cement drainpipe, which then vaulted the car, ejecting the passenger. The driver remained in the vehicle and was able to exit on his own.
Officials said both men are from Garland.
Their identities have not been released.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)