Murray High School, Piute County District Shifts To Online Learning Due To COVID-19 Cases
MURRAY, Utah — Murray High School and the Piute County School District will be moving to online learning for two weeks due to an increase in COVID-19 cases.
Murray High, which reached the district’s COVID-19 15-case threshold, will be closed Monday, Oct. 5 so teachers can prepare for the transition.
In a post on the school’s website, officials urged families to adhere to local health orders, including wearing a mask in public.
“The safety and education of our students are our top priority and we are doing everything we can in facilitating both as we balance health department guidelines with continued student learning,” read the release.
Officials said all extra-curricular activities, including performing arts, in-season athletics, and other scheduled competitions would continue with attendance being limited to parents only.
If positive case numbers reduce, Murray High School will return to in-person on Monday, Oct. 19.
Schools in the Piute County School District will also be moving to online learning starting Monday, Oct. 5.
The district sent a message to parents at 5:45 p.m. Sunday and posted on the school’s website, letting them know how the virus has impacted the schools’ operations.
“With all of the quarantines, isolations, and absences due to sickness it has become very difficult for the schools to operate normally. The operations of the schools have been distributed to such an extent that it has become necessary to temporarily move to digital instruction.”
The district said they do not have a large number of positive cases, but many students and faculty have been absent from school, which has greatly affected operations.
Officials said more specific instructions will be provided by the schools.
Regular, in-person learning will resume on Wednesday, Oct. 21.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 207227)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 92740)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 9841)
- Utah Lifts Limit On How Many Can Attend Private Gatherings; Mask Mandate Still In Place (pageviews: 3770)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2979)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2690)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2643)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2039)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 1853)