Search Continues For 2 Suspects After Shots Fired At Sanpete County Deputies
MILBURN, Utah – A suspect shot at officers who were serving a warrant at a Sanpete County residence Wednesday morning, authorities said.
The warrant was being served on two individuals wanted in Wyoming.
Authorities later identified them as 50-year-old Brett Johnson and 42-year-old Jamie Carol Cleghorn-Wheeler.
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) October 7, 2020
Officials said two Sanpete County Sheriff’s deputies and a Fairview police officer were serving the warrant in Milburn when the shots were fired. Law enforcement did not return fire.
Authorities witnessed people running into the nearby mountains.
Law enforcement agencies are currently searching for the suspects, and they are receiving assistance from the Department of Public Safety helicopter and an airplane.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office assisted.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 5286)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 4285)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3692)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 2165)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 2065)
- 2 men arrested for allegedly enticing minors online and by text (pageviews: 2003)