Riverton Police Arrest Woman Accused Of Tasing Child
RIVERTON, Utah – Officials with the Riverton Police Department said they have arrested a woman accused of using a taser on a 9-year-old boy.
Police said April Shurtleff, 37, was arrested and booked into jail Wednesday evening on charges of aggravated assault, threat of violence and child abuse.
Shurtleff was accused of using the taser on Keaton Green, 9, in the parking lot of a church off 12900 South and 2700 West.
Green told KSL-TV he was playing with some friends in the parking lot when they noticed a woman in a car was watching them.
“The lady pulled in and she was taking pictures of us,” he said.
Green said he went to Shurtleff’s car to find out why she was taking pictures of them. That’s when he said she started cursing at him.
“She got out of the car and grabbed my arm and tased me, and then my friend Ben ran to get help,” Green said.
“I don’t know who, what type of psychopath, tases little children,” said Keaton’s mother, Kelly Green. “It’s a scary thought that a grown woman is doing this. If they wanted to take him, they could have easily. He was completely incapacitated.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)