Woman Killed In Auto-Pedestrian Crash In Cottonwood Heights
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – A woman crossing the street in Cottonwood Heights died Thursday morning after she was hit by a vehicle, police said.
The incident happened at approximately 10 a.m. in the area of 8100 South and Wasatch Boulevard.
Police said the woman was crossing at an intersection where a truck was stopped at a red light. The woman reportedly was not completely across the street when the light changed to green, and the truck moved through the intersection, hitting the woman and dragging her under the vehicle.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has not been identified, but Cottonwood Heights police described her as an “older female.”
The driver of the truck was also described as “older.”
Officials are investigating why the man didn’t see the woman when he began to drive through the intersection, but impairment is not believed to be a factor.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)