Man Dies After Falling From Willow Gulch In Lake Powell
BIG WATER, Utah – A man died Thursday after falling from Willow Gulch in the Escalante Arm of Lake Powell, authorities said.
According to a statement from the National Park Service, dispatchers at the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area received the report at approximately 9 a.m.
People aboard a nearby boat witnessed the fall and attempted to render aid. A medical professional aboard the vessel declared the mane dead on recovery.
The victim’s body will be transported to Salt Lake City where the death will be investigated.
It is the 13th fatality at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area this year.
The man’s identity has not yet been released pending notification of next of kin.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)