Holladay Man Accused Of Housing 20 Burmese Pythons Without Permits
HOLLADAY, Utah – A 64-year-old man was arrested after officers with the Unified Police Department said he was housing 20 Burmese pythons in his home without proper permits.
Marty Bone was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Friday on several misdemeanor charges, including one count of unlawful sale of an exotic animal, 10 counts of possessing an exotic animal without a permit, 10 counts of possession of a dangerous animal without a permit and two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and one felony count of possession of a firearm by a restricted person.
According to court documents, an undercover officer purchased a baby python from Bone at his home, and officials with the Salt Lake County Animal Services verified Bone had “not applied for or obtained an exotic animal permit or a dangerous animal permit since 2017.”
A Third District Court judge approved a search warrant, and officers said 20 snakes were found “to be mostly free-roaming inside the residence.”
Police said 10 of the snakes were observed to be longer than 10 feet, and 10 were shorter than 10 feet.
Police said fresh marijuana, $2,000 in cash and a firearm were also found in plain sight during the search, along with two bottles containing opiate derivatives.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)