State Reports 1,354 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths & 231 Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health announced 1,354 new COVID-19 cases and five new deaths on Saturday.
For the state’s complete statistics, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
Utah reported an increase of 11,846 tests from Friday. As of Saturday, 912,894 people have been tested and a total of 84,644 of those tests returned positive.
Just over 1.2 million total tests have been reported.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests was 1,187 per day, while the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests was 13.7%.
State health officials said 231 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19, and 89 are in the ICU.
Another 15 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
Over 70% (70.3%) of all ICU beds in Utah are currently occupied and 54% of all non-ICU beds are occupied.
A total of 510 Utahns have died from COVID-19. The following deaths were reported Saturday:
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84, unknown county of residence (resident of Southeast Utah Health District), not hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, older than 85, Utah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
The state considers 62,401 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, go to coronavirus.utah.gov.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)