University Of Utah Offers Testing At Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Monday morning the latest drive-thru testing site for COVID-19 opened up at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The University of Utah Health made the announcement for the site as Utah hit another record for the virus in hospitalizations.
Located on the south side of the parking lot, the new location is in response to the testing site at Sugarhouse, which closed three weeks ago due to construction.
“Today is our first day of what will be a long-term testing site here at Rice-Eccles Stadium,” said Michael Bronson with University of Utah Health.
He said new site is for saliva testing and meets the needs of east side residents in the Salt Lake Valley.
“This site is for symptomatic patients or if you are identified as a high-risk contact, meaning you’ve been reached out to by a contract tracer that someone close to you has tested positive for the virus,” Bronson said. “By you getting an appointment, it helps us make sure you are appropriate to be tested at this site and it will make your experience a lot faster because we don’t have to collect all of your information.”
Instead, Bronson said all personal information can be centered online ahead of time through healthcare.utah.edu or if you are a current patient, through MyChart or the MyChart App.
Testing is from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday, and 8 a.m. – noon Saturdays and Sundays.
Right now, the site has a capacity to fit the needs of 150 people with a goal to reach to 200 or more over the long run.
Happening Right Now: A line already at @Rice_Eccles for #COVID19 testing by @UofUHealth . It’s day one of this new site for east side residents of Salt Lake Valley & symptomatic staff, faculty & students at the U. Appointments necessary. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/FSxaPVu3IW
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 12, 2020
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)