University Of Utah Offers Testing At Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Monday morning the latest drive-thru testing site for COVID-19 opened up at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The University of Utah Health made the announcement for the site as Utah hit another record for the virus in hospitalizations.
Located on the south side of the parking lot, the new location is in response to the testing site at Sugarhouse, which closed three weeks ago due to construction.
“Today is our first day of what will be a long-term testing site here at Rice-Eccles Stadium,” said Michael Bronson with University of Utah Health.
He said new site is for saliva testing and meets the needs of east side residents in the Salt Lake Valley.
“This site is for symptomatic patients or if you are identified as a high-risk contact, meaning you’ve been reached out to by a contract tracer that someone close to you has tested positive for the virus,” Bronson said. “By you getting an appointment, it helps us make sure you are appropriate to be tested at this site and it will make your experience a lot faster because we don’t have to collect all of your information.”
Instead, Bronson said all personal information can be centered online ahead of time through healthcare.utah.edu or if you are a current patient, through MyChart or the MyChart App.
Testing is from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday, and 8 a.m. – noon Saturdays and Sundays.
Right now, the site has a capacity to fit the needs of 150 people with a goal to reach to 200 or more over the long run.
Happening Right Now: A line already at @Rice_Eccles for #COVID19 testing by @UofUHealth . It’s day one of this new site for east side residents of Salt Lake Valley & symptomatic staff, faculty & students at the U. Appointments necessary. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/FSxaPVu3IW
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 12, 2020
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)