Navajo Nation Warns About Family Gatherings, Travel
WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. – The Navajo Nation is telling residents that they should avoid family gatherings and travel off the reservation as COVID-19 cases rise in surrounding areas.
“It appears that family gatherings and people returning from border towns are the two driving forces behind recent surges in certain regions of the Navajo Nation, based on information gathered by contact tracers who interview individuals who test positive for COVID-19,” Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez said Sunday.
“We know that people are hesitant to wear masks and follow CDC guidelines when they are around family members, but the reality is that many of our people are contracting the virus at family gatherings. We are also seeing high case levels in regions near border towns, so please be safe and always wear a mask in public and practice social distancing,” Nez added.
30 new cases, 7,343 recoveries, and six more deaths related to COVID-19 pic.twitter.com/gYZiG0KdGM
— Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez (@NNPrezNez) October 12, 2020
The Navajo Department of Health confirmed 30 new cases of the virus and six more deaths on Monday, according to a news release.
The virus has killed 571 people with 10,728 positive tests and 7,339 recoveries.
The Navajo Nation will issue another 56-hour weekend lockdown to begin at 9 p.m. Friday and run until 5 a.m. Monday, the release said.
The state of Utah has organized a comprehensive website that offers information on protecting yourself from COVID-19, economic help for individuals and businesses, and other resources.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 207227)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 92740)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 9841)
- Utah Lifts Limit On How Many Can Attend Private Gatherings; Mask Mandate Still In Place (pageviews: 3770)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2979)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2690)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2643)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2039)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 1853)