Family Grateful For Support After Father Paralyzed In Bike Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A freak cycling crash this weekend left a Utah man in the hospital with injuries that will likely never allow him to walk again.
Staring down a future full of uncertainty, friends set up a GoFundMe account* for Todd and Jessica Wahl, who said the outpouring of support is the “light” getting them through this tough time.
“They’re like the sweetest, nicest people. They’re fun to be around, hard-working, down to earth, love the outdoors,” said Jeff Frischknecht.
Jeff and Alex Frischknecht have spent countless weekends with Todd and Jessica Wahl and their 3-year-old son, Nolan. “We like going camping with them,” Jeff Frischknecht said. “We have kids the same age.”
Avid outdoor enthusiasts, the Wahls recent love had become cycling. On Friday afternoon, Todd Wahl went for a ride that turned tragic. He crashed and was hospitalized with injuries that included a broken back, ribs, neck and sternum, among many others.
In hopes of trying to help, the Frischknechts set up a GoFundMe account, and immediately the donations started pouring in.
That support will help the family financially, but right now, it’s helping Jessica Wahl, who is pregnant with baby number two, feel like she’s not alone.
“We are beyond grateful to have such wonderful love and support from our family, friends and community,” Alex Frischknecht said, reading a message from Jessica Wahl. “This is a devastating blow to our family and the darkness we are feeling is made lighter due to others’ kindness and generosity. We hope to use this deep sorrow to give back to our community in the future.”
To donate to the Wahl family, click here.*
*KSL-TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)