Don’t Let Scammers Spoil Your Amazon Prime Day
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Amazon Prime Day typically comes in the form of a “Christmas in July”-type event advertising savings and increased spending power on countless items.
The pandemic bumped Prime day to Oct. 13. Before you start spending, the company wants you to do these things to make sure the crooks aren’t swiping your hard-earned cash.
The first thing you have to watch for are the misspellings.
Those bogus sites have been popping up at a record pace in the last month. Also, other domains like .co vs. .com should make you pause.
Look for the lock to the left of the URL in the address bar.
Don’t share too much. Retailers never need your Social Security number, for example, or your birthday.
Make sure you’ve got a strong password for your Amazon.com account.
Don’t log onto public Wi-Fi during Prime Day sales. You don’t want hackers taking advantage of the relatively easy access to your information.
Although there are some great deals, beware the deals that are crazy good – because they’re likely too good to be true.
Use your credit card, not your debit card. With your debit, scammers can take money directly from your bank account.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 207227)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 92740)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 9841)
- Utah Lifts Limit On How Many Can Attend Private Gatherings; Mask Mandate Still In Place (pageviews: 3770)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2979)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2690)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2643)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2039)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 1853)