Roy High School Moving Online For Two Weeks After COVID-19 Outbreak
ROY, Utah – Officials with the Weber School District said Roy High School will move to online learning for two weeks after a COVID-19 outbreak was reported at the school.
“In consultation with officials at the Weber-Morgan Health Department, Roy High School will be closed beginning (Wednesday),” district officials said. “Currently, 15 or more students have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past two weeks and multiple classrooms have been affected.”
As of Friday, there were 33 active COVID-19 cases in the Weber School District. Over 500 students and 81 faculty members were in quarantine.
In-person instruction will resume on Wednesday, Oct. 28.
“During the closure, all instruction will be delivered online using our short-term flexible learning model,” officials said. “The building will also be disinfected and sanitized according to our Safe Weber Framework.”
Last week, the school’s football team was quarantined after health officials reported an outbreak among players.
BREAKING: Roy's game against Weber set for Friday has been cancelled. https://t.co/WjbpKiQTfY
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) October 5, 2020
“We would like to remind everyone to continue to be vigilant in following current health guidelines by wearing face coverings, practicing good hygiene and physically distancing from others to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” officials said.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 22129)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 8544)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 4942)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2337)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2197)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1683)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1664)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 1334)
- West Jordan Family Who Lost Daughter To COVID-19 Urges Families To Stay Home This Thanksgiving (pageviews: 1225)