One Person Extricated After Pickup Crashes Into Semi-Truck Near Mantua
MANTUA, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol on Wednesday responded to crash involving a semi-truck on US 91 in Box Elder County, authorities said.
According to UHP Sgt. Nick Street, the call came in at approximately 7:25 a.m.
He said a pickup truck rear-ended a slow-moving semi that was traveling northbound near mile marker 8. The semi reportedly had its hazard lights flashing at the time.
Troopers extricated the single occupant from the pickup truck. The driver was transported to the hospital by helicopter.
Street said the driver was alert and speaking but was in critical condition.
Troopers are investigating if distraction was a contributing factor.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 22129)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 8544)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 4942)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2337)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2197)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1683)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1664)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 1334)
- West Jordan Family Who Lost Daughter To COVID-19 Urges Families To Stay Home This Thanksgiving (pageviews: 1225)