One Person Extricated After Pickup Crashes Into Semi-Truck Near Mantua
MANTUA, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol on Wednesday responded to crash involving a semi-truck on US 91 in Box Elder County, authorities said.
According to UHP Sgt. Nick Street, the call came in at approximately 7:25 a.m.
He said a pickup truck rear-ended a slow-moving semi that was traveling northbound near mile marker 8. The semi reportedly had its hazard lights flashing at the time.
Troopers extricated the single occupant from the pickup truck. The driver was transported to the hospital by helicopter.
Street said the driver was alert and speaking but was in critical condition.
Troopers are investigating if distraction was a contributing factor.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)