Utah Reports 1,144 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths, 259 Current Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health has reported 1,144 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths.
There are currently 259 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For detailed statistics on COVID-19 in Utah, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
There were 8,955 tests reported since yesterday, and 1,144 of those tests returned positive.
So far, there have been 88,963 positive cases out of 940,687 people tested.
The state has reported a total of 1,245,853 tests.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,204 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive tests is 13.9%.
Currently, 259 people are hospitalized with the virus, 97 of which are in intensive care units. Another 10 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
It is a new single-day record for COVID-19 hospitalizations in Utah.
UDOH reports 55.1% of all non-ICU beds and 72.3% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 527 Utahns have died as a result of COVID-19. The following deaths were reported Wednesday:
- Male, between 65-84, Utah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 45-64, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, older than 85, Cache County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Wasatch County resident, long-term care facility resident
The state is considering 65,472 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)