Utah Reports 1,144 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths, 259 Current Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health has reported 1,144 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths.
There are currently 259 patients hospitalized with the virus.
For detailed statistics on COVID-19 in Utah, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
There were 8,955 tests reported since yesterday, and 1,144 of those tests returned positive.
So far, there have been 88,963 positive cases out of 940,687 people tested.
The state has reported a total of 1,245,853 tests.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 1,204 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive tests is 13.9%.
Currently, 259 people are hospitalized with the virus, 97 of which are in intensive care units. Another 10 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation.
It is a new single-day record for COVID-19 hospitalizations in Utah.
UDOH reports 55.1% of all non-ICU beds and 72.3% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
A total of 527 Utahns have died as a result of COVID-19. The following deaths were reported Wednesday:
- Male, between 65-84, Utah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 45-64, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, older than 85, Cache County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Wasatch County resident, long-term care facility resident
The state is considering 65,472 cases as “recovered,” meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)