Investigators Looking For Possible Connection Between Salgado, Black Murders
PROVO, Utah – Detectives with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office have begun to look closer at the suspect arrested in Sherry Black’s murder, to determine if he could have been involved in the disappearance and murder of Elizabeth Salgado.
Officials have learned that 29-year-old Adam Durborow was living just miles from Salgado’s Provo apartment.
They said they want to know how he spent the nearly 10 years that have passed since Black’s murder.
Speaking from Mexico, Elizabeth Salgado’s family said they hoped investigators find a link between Durborow and the 26-year-old’s murder.
“It would not be wise for us to not consider it,” said Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
Cannon said now that Durborow is on the radar, they’ll be looking to see if he is also linked to Salgado’s case.
“We have a case here where we believe Elizabeth Salgado was murdered, and we have to think if this person here would kill somebody, might they have gotten involved in this one?” he said.
Cannon said they’re especially interested in tracking his whereabouts on April 16, 2015 — the day Salgado went missing.
“We look at electronic records — maybe cell phone records, text messaging and emails and things as much as we can,” he said.
That includes a dive into his social media activity and whether Durborow was familiar with Hobble Creek Canyon.
“Because of where she was found, we believe that whoever took her there probably knew Hobble Creek Canyon,” said Cannon.
“The thing that is of interest is the location of where he was living in proximity to Salgado,” said Chris Bertram, retired deputy police chief.
Bertram isn’t connected to either case, but he pointed out detectives will also be looking for similarities in both.
“What are the circumstances of how Salgado went missing — middle of the day, walking down a busy street?” he said. “When you start to apply what may be his traits, you then apply to the Salgado situation, meaning that maybe he had seen her.”
Durborow was arrested in Orem on Saturday.
KSL has uncovered multiple ties between suspect Adam Durborow and his family to the neighborhood in which Sherry Black lived, worked and ultimately died.
— KSL 5 TV (@KSL5TV) October 13, 2020
Court records from 2019 list two addresses for him, including his childhood home, which is located about 5 miles from Elizabeth’s apartment.
“She would turn to look, but could never figure it out,” said Sara Laguna Salgado.
Elizabeth Salgado’s family said she felt like she was being watched on her way to school, but could never pinpoint who was watching her.
Their search for justice continues.
“We don’t lose hope,” said Sara Laguna Salgado.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Utah County Sheriff’s Office or visit the Elizabeth Salgado website.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 207227)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 92740)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 9841)
- Utah Lifts Limit On How Many Can Attend Private Gatherings; Mask Mandate Still In Place (pageviews: 3770)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2979)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2690)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2643)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2039)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 1853)