Former Officer Who Showed Private Photos Of Lauren McCluskey Won’t Face Charges
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The former University of Utah police officer accused of showing explicit photos of Lauren McCluskey to his coworkers won’t be criminally charged.
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill’s office confirmed Thursday they won’t pursue charges for Miguel Deras.
McCluskey was shot and killed on the U. campus on Oct. 22, 2018, by 37-year-old Melvin Shawn Rowland. He had been harassing and blackmailing McCluskey for weeks prior to her death. Rowland died by suicide several hours after killing McCluskey.
McCluskey went to U. police for help, and sent Deras, who was assigned to the case, explicit photos of herself as part of the investigation. However, he is accused of bragging about having access to the photos and showing them to his coworkers.
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 23901)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 18455)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6648)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 6429)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 5898)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4246)
- Woman Billed $2500 Repair Bill For Cracked Utility Box (pageviews: 3978)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 3845)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3548)